Off-Campus Drive 2020
PayPal is hiring for the position of Software Engineer. For more such off campus drives, internships and free courses be active on our website
|Job Title||PayPal is Hiring For Software Engineer|
|Description||you will be working to ensure that PayPal’s internal and external services have reliability and uptime appropriate to our users’ needs.|
|Work Location||Chennai – INDIA|
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every single day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
You are applying for a position within Paypal Site Reliability & Cloud Engineering (SRCE). PayPal SRCE is a continuous engineering discipline that effectively combines software development and systems engineering to build and run scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working to ensure that PayPal’s internal and external services have reliability and uptime appropriate to our users’ needs.
As a PayPal SRCE Engineer part of the Platform Engineering team , you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with Product Development teams on features, operations and reliability engineering, to improve the outcomes that our customers deserve. Your contributions will make a difference in the production code that serves 240+ million users and 17+ million merchants.
- Work to Empower Developers to own their availability, performance and efficiency through SRE platform and product capabilities
- Lead the Products to Platform transformation.
- Build scalable and reliable platform capabilities that enhances DevOps potential (Automated Incident Management, Auto Triage, Release decisioning and Auto Recovery)
- Develop and improve production monitoring and management capabilities using existing platforms and tools.
- Be the primary enabler in the reduction of Failed Customer Interactions to raise the our availability to all of our users.
- Bachelor’s and /or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience applying software design patterns, data structures, algorithms.
- Competent in building web applications and/or web services in a commercial setting.
- Competent implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Hands on development experience using JAVA and Spring Core.
- Good understanding of and experience applying object-oriented design and development principles.
- Experience in messaging technologies like Kafka is preferred.
- Knowledge & experience in AI/ML concepts is a plus.
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, etc.), including strong data architecture and SQL development skills and Non-Relational Databases (such as Mongo, Cassandra, and/or Riak).
- Experience using industry standard software development tools (IDE / Version Control / Continuous Integration)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Note: To get the latest updates of internships and jobs, join us by clicking the button below.