Git & GitHub Crash Course: Create a Repository From Scratch!
- You only need your computer, we’ll tackle the rest together!
- You do NOT need any special or expensive software
Welcome to the 30 minute free Git and GitHub crash course!
Employers and developers everywhere are using Git. This is why you should learn it (and also because it’s powerful and a really cool tool!
Git is a powerful (and VERY popular) versioning tool for web developers. But it’s hard to get started because there’s a lot to know and everyone assumes you already know the basics.
Looking for a short course on Git?
Looking for a short course on GitHub?
Then this is the course you’re looking for!
This course is perfect for a web developers who’s next step is to learn Git and GitHub.
The core of this course is less than 30 minutes, and you’ll learn:
- How to create a repository
- How to copy it to your computer
- How to add files to your repository
- How to send the changes to GitHub
Plus you’ll learn:
- Git fundamentals, and
- GitHub fundamentals
You’ll also learn the terminology that developers use, like: cloning, staging, committing, pushing and diff. And you’ll learn WHY Git is so popular and HOW it’s powerful. And we’ll be using GitHub which is the Git-service brand name.
Not sure if you should pay for an 8 hour course on Git? Take this course first to get your feet wet.
P.S. You’ll learn how to do all this through your command line… because one day you’ll be deploying code on a server and you’ll need to use the command line, it’s the only way! This course will set you up for success!
Who this course is for:
- Web developers who aren’t sure how to use Git or GitHub, or web developers who have heard about Git and GitHub but don’t know where to start
Note: To get the latest updates of internships and jobs, join us by clicking the button below.