Remote Internship Update 2020
Elucidata is hiring for Data Science Intern. For more such off-campus drives, internships, free courses be updated on our website.
|Job Title||Elucidata is Hiring Data Science Interns|
|Description||In this role, you will get the opportunity to apply your data science skills to solve complex biological problems, improve the understanding of biological systems and diseases and accelerate drug discovery.|
|Work Location||– REMOTE|
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
Our mission is to use data to speed-up the drug discovery process. Our products & services further the understanding of how diseased cells are different from healthy ones. This helps scientists discover new drugs in a more effective manner and complements the move towards personalization.
Think you have seen big-data problems?
Biological big data will outpace data generated by YouTube and Twitter combined by 10x in the next 7 yrs. 1 experiment can produce TBs of data. A single sequenced human genome is 140 GBs. 20 petabytes of information exist in only one data repository. And this repository doubles every year. We’re solving these challenges combining web technologies, big-data analytics and scalable cloud computing infrastructure.
Our platform, Polly, will be the Google Map of cells. Polly enables scientists to get to better answers faster. Polly is being used at multiple Fortune 500 companies like Pfizer; and leading academic labs at Yale, MIT, UCLA, etc.
Elucidata is seeking a data science enthusiast for the role of Data Science Interns. In this role, you will get the opportunity to apply your data science skills to solve complex biological problems, improve the understanding of biological systems and diseases and accelerate drug discovery.
- Implement and prototype new tools, algorithms, and pipelines for different types of biological data using Python/R (or other similar languages/platforms).
- Troubleshoot and implement improvements to existing pipelines and algorithms.
- Analyze metabolomic, genomic, proteomic and other kinds of biological data to derive relevant insights using state-of-the-art statistical methods.
- Communicate analysis to biologists and work with them to identify the next steps.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team with biologists, engineers, product team, and data scientists.
- Read research papers and synthesize them.
- B.Tech (Final Year)/M.Sc/M.Tech in Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biophysics, or related technical discipline
- Programming experience in Python/R.
- Ability to read and interpret journal papers.
- Prior demonstrable experience in computational biology is a big plus.
- Please note that we value interest over qualifications.
Perks of working with us:
- Letter of recommendation based on your performance
- Remote Internship
- A probability of PPO based on your performance
- 5 days per week
- Access to technical advisors and gurus
Bonus marks for a cover letter.
Note: To get the latest updates of internships and jobs, join us by clicking the button below.