Off-Campus Drive 2020
Disney+ Hotstar is hiring for the position of Software Development Engineer. For more such off campus drives, internships and free courses be active on our website.
|Job Title||Disney+ Hotstar Hiring Software Development Engineer|
|Description||As a senior engineer you will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle for living room devices.|
|Work Location||Bengaluru – INDIA|
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
About the job
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video platform in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way – including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs – from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About The Role
We are striving to create the best Video content destination for our consumers on a varied set of devices, from phones to tablets, including devices coming out with bleeding edge of technology. Our web application team is heavily focused on delivering an unmatchable user experience on these devices while our consumers watch the content they love!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a senior engineer you will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle for living room devices.
- You’ll take ownership of our continued efforts to scale TV app development across different Platforms, providing valuable insight on how we can refine our processes and tools to support additional contributors in our architecture and code.
- Drive feature development for our well-renowned apps for Roku and Smart TV apps.
- Take ownership of end-to-end product quality, from developing and maintaining core app frameworks that help make the apps more reliable and delightful.
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
What To Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in developing software with hands-on experience in building smart TV & OTT Applications.
- Application development experience using Roku SDK, Bright script, Roku Debugging tools.
- Expert in Building UI components & custom controllers in Brightscript.
- Experience with developing apps published on Roku channel store.
- Good working experience on Web Service Integration ( REST, JSON, XML )
- Entrepreneurial spirit, bias for action & ability to work independently.
- Broad knowledge of TV applications pertaining to Media domain like VOD and Linear.
- Experience on using analytics, location and social APIs, payment gateway, media content transcoding and cloud integration, APM tools.
AudacitySelf-AwarenessOwnershipBias for ActionCollaborationRadical CandourInclusivityMentorship
The glory. Almost too much responsibility.No dress code. Unlimited leave.A fun-life balance.A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon.
Note: To get the latest updates of internships and jobs, join us by clicking the button below.