Business Skills: First Meetings & Small Talk (Socializing)
- You must know how to read and write in English
- You need a basic understanding of spoken English
- Business experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Starting a conversation with someone in English can be very challenging. It can be difficult to know which expressions are appropriate. You will master polite English for greeting people inside and outside your company, as well as how to start a conversation with people you don’t know.
In this course you will have many chances to practice using what you learn.
Basic Socializing Made Easy:
- Learn Language Expressions for starting a conversation; introducing yourself and other people; greeting someone whom you have not seen in a long time; making small talk an an airplane; and communicating naturally with counterparts in a foreign country.
- Get the tools you need to be an effective communicator at a basic to intermediate level.
- Hear Examples of “real-world” application of strategies taught in this course.
- Are you nervous about using English with people in or outside of your company?
- Do you have a good command of English, but feel like your confidence in naturally starting conversations may be lacking?
- Would you like to learn how to sound more natural when making small talk?
- Do you need to meet with partners or colleagues who speak English?
- Do you attend conferences or meetings with English-speaking people?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, then enroll now! This course is for Beginning to Intermediate English Language Learners.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use expressions for introducing yourself and other people
- Use rejoinders to show interest naturally
- Use strategies for making Small Talk effectively
- Use a variety of Business Expressions
And, ELT Online will give you more support outside of the lectures:
- Quizzes and Supplemental Handouts will ensure that you retain what you have learned.
- Discussions to connect your learning to the real world.
- Post your questions about Socializing in English and receive an answer within 48 hours
ELT Online has trained thousands of teachers in teaching English, and now students can benefit from that expertise.
The skills you learn in this course will improve both your ability to Socialize and your General English.
Enroll NOW, and start socializing in English!
Who this course is for:
- Beginning-to-Intermediate English Language Learners
- Non-Native English speakers who wish to improve their fluency
- Business English students who want to review basic socializing skills
Note: To get the latest updates of internships and jobs, join us by clicking the button below.