3 Minute Dutch – Free taster course| Lessons for beginners
- The good thing about this course is that it is taught under the assumption that you know no Dutch and nothing about languages
- Everything is explained clearly and thoroughly without the use of confusing terminology
Hallo! Hello and welcome to 3 Minute Dutch
3 Minute Dutch is a collection of online lessons that helps the complete beginner learn to speak Dutch in simple, bite-sized chunks.
The lessons start off by giving you a few words that you can use to build your own sentences. For example, in lesson one, you’ll learn these words and phrases:
goed – good
het is – it is
fantastisch – fantastic
hier – here
heel – very
het is niet – it isn’t
With those words, you can build sentences like these:
It’s very good here.
It isn’t here.
It isn’t good; it’s fantastic!
(See if you can translate those five sentences above into Dutch just by using those words and phrases.)
The lessons continuously build on what you’ve been learning, enabling you to express yourself fluently in Dutch. As you move through the course, you’ll pick up new vocabulary, useful grammar points and interesting ways to look at the structure of the Dutch language that will give you plenty of “Aha!” moments.
The reason it’s called “3 Minute Dutch” is because the lessons are broken down into very short, three-minute chunks. Everybody, no matter how busy you are, has time to fit in a single three-minute lesson once a day, and in fact, by keeping learning to such short chunks, you’ll reap huge benefits. Short but consistent daily lessons are more effective than a longer lesson once or twice a week, because you’ll find you maintain enthusiasm, develop a learning habit and you’ll also memorise everything much better.
If you’ve never learnt Dutch before, or if you have had a bad experience with learning this beautiful language, the 3 Minute Dutch lessons will help you to succeed.
Who this course is for:
- You really want to learn to speak Dutch in a very simple and very quick way
- You are going to spend a holiday/vacation in the Netherlands or another Dutch speaking country
- You have failed to learn Dutch in the past, but really want to give it one more go
- You have no experience with Dutch, but you would like to learn fast
- You have always wanted to learn a new language, but you are very busy and can never find the time
Note: To get the latest updates of internships and jobs, join us by clicking the button below.